INTERNET SEARCH ENGINES LIST
by Charles Scamahorn - January 2007
See outside online search engine information at:
Search Engine Watch.
Specialized Lists Of Search Engines.
- Cochrane ~ Database of Systematic Reviews with news and training resources.
- Diseases Index ~ and disorders based in the Karolinska Institutet Sweden.
- Ditto ~ is good for photo searching.
- Doc Guide ~ is a general doctor guide site.
- Dr Walker ~ has unrestricted online archive of journal articles.
- Emory ~ University Medical Web base site with a directory and a search box.
- Entrez ~ is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that includes over 16 million citations from MEDLINE.
- First Gov ~ huge directory of USA gov services and helpful stuff.
- Fotosearch ~ has a search box but with only a few results compared to Live.com - Images.
- Go Pub Med ~ has excellent full paragraph abstracts of major articles.
- Hardin Medical ~ has an excellent collection of diagnostic medical photos but you need to know the medical names to find them.
- Health A to Z ~ gave a yellow address bar but failed to connect.
- Achoo Healthcare Directory ~ and metasearch is a general search engine but it gives good results on medical searches.
- Health Finder ~ is from US gov and has a good search box to appropriate gov sites.
- Healthline Engines and Directories ~ is based on long list of general diseases if you know the name of the disease you can use it.
- Health Links ~ from the University of Washington has a search box.
- HON ~ is Health On the Net Foundation a non governmental organization "you can trust". .
- KMLE ~ Medical Dictionary is great if you have the term first. It includes the searched word in an embed list and a pronounciation guide but no helpful pictures.
- I Sleuth ~ has search boxes for several authoritative medical sites.
- Hardin Directory ~ from the University of Iowa medical health services index.
- MD Linx ~ portal site for medical articles which includes a search box.
- Med Bio World ~ a portal into medical and bioscience resources.
- Medical Document Finder ~ retreaves articles and gives a paragraph of meta description. Also it gives a list of crossover keywords from each site which might help for alternate diagnosis tips.
- Med Int ~ at Oxford University Press for medical books.
- Medical Matrix ~ is a subscription based ranked, peer-reviewed, annotated, updated clinical medicine resources site.
- Medline Plus ~ is a portal site from the US government adapted to public usage.
- Med Nets ~ a huge collection of sites for medical professionals.
- Medical Photos ~ a collection of commercially available photos.
- Medstory ~ is a Microsoft medical search engine.
- Mesh Pub Med ~ Medical Subject Headings.
- MT Desk ~ for searches of Medline, Drugs-Rx List, Merck Manual.
- Medscape ~ complete medical site with news and search box and lots of specialty sites.
- National Institutes of Health ~ gateway portal to Medline and medical encyclopedias.
- National Center of Bio Information ~ gives access to lots of in depth abstracts from major peer reviewed sources.
- Nursing Web Search ~ .
- Omni Medical Search ~ .
- Public National Institutes Of Health ~ .
- Pub Med Central ~ .
- Scirus ~ .
- Stanford Medical ~ .
- Up to Date Medicine ~ .
- Web MD ~ .
- Yahoo Health Index ~ .
- Acinetobacter ~ the drug resistant disease attacking injured vets from Iraq and now also hospitals worldwide.