SEARCH ENGINES LIST
See outside online search engine information at:
Search Engine Watch.
Specialized Lists Of Search Engines.
Desktop search engines are designed to find information stored on your personal computer rather than on the internet. Therefore, upon first activating one of these programs it will spend a lot of time, preferably over night, scanning and indexing your hard drives. Once this is done it will leave a program running in the background to index much of what you do and leave it readily findable.
- Ask ~ Desktop Search download page.
- Aduna AutoFocus ~ is a visual desktop search tool for providing access to all your files, mails and favourite websites.
- Avant ~ Browser saves users' bookmarks, RSS Feeds, configurations or web passwords etc, in Avant online storage.
- Autonomy ~ "desktop search is a module runs on any PC in order to make the desktop entirely searchable.".
- Beagle ~ is a search tool that ransacks your personal information space to find whatever you're looking for, on Linux.
- Copernic ~ can search your outlook emails, web history, music and everything else from Firefox browser.
- Explorer ~ web browser downloads and fixes.
- Filehawk ~ is a tool to organize files and documents, including documents which are on backup media.
- Google ~ Desktop Search download page. It will: Quickly search your computer for emails, web history, and files, View news, photos and more anywhere on your desktop, Add Google Gadgets to customize your desktop and Sidebar, Developers: Create and share your own gadgets.
- Google Desktop ~ indexes files on your PC and a Google search displays home results along with your web search results.
- Hotbot ~ Desktop Search seems to have peaked in April of 2004 because there isn't much web activity about their desktop search bar after that date.
- Lektora ~ delivers selected RSS feeds to your desk top so you can add timely content to your blog.
- Likasoft ~ is an application to search documents and e-mail on your computer, and your local network.
- MicroSoft ~ Desktop Search helps users quickly find and retrieve e-mail messages, documents, and many other file types located on their PC and corporate network.